Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Huacachina







I love sandboarding! Being the lightest, I managed to travel the furthest. I´ll be honest and admit to being terrified before my first try, but after you get over being shoved off what looks like an incredibly steep cliff, it´s heaps of fun (as long as you don´t mind having sand in every orifice). Heath, a Kiwi guy from the other group, went down standing on his board (rather than lying on in), fell over at the bottom of the dune and and severed a tendon. He might head back to New Zealand as he doesn´t think he´ll be able to hike the Inca Trail with his arm in a sling.

We zipped around the desert in Dune Buggies, which were like mini roller coasters. Warren and I sat in front with the driver, and I made small terrified yelps when we went down the big dunes (they would´ve been long, loud screams except that I didn´t want sand in my mouth).

No comments: